Sunday, May 5, 2013

A personal letter from creator Trent Westbrook to the fans and friends of CC.



FREE COMIC BOOK DAY 2013 was an incredible experience!  A very sincere thank you to both Collector’s Planet and Comics Plus and all their employees for hosting the CC title and myself at their stores for FCBD.  Your continuous support is more than appreciated.  Personal shouts out to David De La Cruz, Laura Wilson, Aaron Sauceda, Andrew Sones, Mario Montalvo, Jesse Mendoza, Seida Mendoza, Justin from Disc Go Round, Robert Perez, Jr., Julia Arredondo, Monte Bratten…Alan, Blake, Tim…you all had a hand in making 5/4/2013 a successful day for my title and I have nothing but gratitude for your support. 

A very sincere thank you to all the fans, new and old, who came out to purchase not only today’s release of CC#6, but also those who went back for back issues, all the way back to CC#1!  The turnout was amazing and the enthusiasm so many have shared for this title has been both overwhelming and humbling.  I hope that you all enjoy the story as much as I enjoyed creating it. 

And of course I cannot go on without thanking those who helped to make the title a physical reality, all in your own way…Joey Mitchell, Clegg Smith, Tammy Mahan, Wayne Gunn, Steve and Leila Phillips, Adam Webb, Rudy Vasquez, Al Molina, Eric Calvert and the fellas of Switchblade Jesus.

I never thought I would see any of this happen when I put out that first issue.  Never.  And finishing this story seemed like a pipe dream, but all of you made it happen.  I honestly cannot thank you ALL enough for helping me to reach such an achievement.   And thank you for allowing me to be a part of FCBD.

Sincerely,
Trent Westbrook

1 comment: